WIC helps you:
- buy healthy foods like whole grains, milk, fruits and vegetables
- learn about nutrition, exercise, feeding your kids, prenatal care, and more
- breastfeed your baby and provides breast pumps for moms who need them
- attend classes about health and parenting topics
- find resources and services in your community
What does WIC provide?
Nutritious Foods – WIC foods are good sources of important nutrients. No single food gives you all the nutrients you need to stay healthy, so eat many different foods every day.
Nutrition Education – At each clinic visit, you will have an opportunity to learn about nutrition.
Breastfeeding Promotion and Support – WIC encourages all women to breastfeed. It is the best food for babies. If a baby is not breastfed, some formula may be provided by WIC. Help with breastfeeding is available for moms who need it. WIC can also furnish a breast pump if needed.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for WIC:
- Live in Oregon.
- Be a pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding woman, an infant, or a child under 5 years old.
- Meet income requirements.
WIC foods included:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- 100% whole wheat bread, corn tortillas and brown rice
- Milk, eggs and cheese
- Peanut butter
- Dried beans
- Adult cereals with at least 50% whole grains, and fortified with iron and folic acid
- 100% fruit juice, tomato juice and vegetable juices
- Iron-fortified infant formulas
- Infant cereals
- Baby food: fruits, vegetables and meats
Special infant formulas and certain foods may be provided when prescribed by a physician or health professional for treating a medical condition.
eWIC makes shopping easy
With the card, you can buy WIC foods as you need them. You don’t even need to separate your WIC purchases at most stores. Just tell the cashier you’re using your WIC card.
Contact us today to learn more!